Saturday, June 20, 2009

Distance

I have a ton of friends from church camp. The only problem about this is that I generally only see them at church camp, which is once a year. What's even more frustrating is that some people only come certain years meaning it's nearly 2 years before I see a friend again.

Generally I turn to social networking sites like myspace and facebook to talk to these people. I also text them too, but it's just not the same as a real life encounter. There's no body language and no ability to see reactions. It just feels so disconnected. If you do want to hang out in person it's often a bother. Some of my friends live hours away, some in different states. Of course driving an hour isn't much of a cost to see a friend, but when gas prices are high and you have very little income, it's tough. Meeting halfway doesn't help much either because you rarely know what interesting things you can do in that town.

I'm just venting in this post and I really ran out of steam so I'll just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment