Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Chronicles of Riddick Game

I have gamefly so I get a bunch of random games in the mail. I was really looking forward to getting Red Faction: Guerrilla, but they ran out of copies so I had to settle for Riddick instead. I was really surprised when I got the game. It not only had the new 360 game, but also the original Xbox game. Unfortunately both games only included a total of about 15 hours of gameplay. That's 15 hours to beat both games, not 15 hours each.

The game wasn't very story orientated. Both games came down to "Riddick is trapped, help him escape." Surprisingly enough the original Xbox game was modified to be graphically equal to the 360 game. Gunplay in the game was pretty solid, but nothing spectacular. The melee combat is what really excited me. Each punch felt like it had power behind it. The game forced you into these mech sections where you piloted a robot. These sections were a lot easier than the rest of the game which was almost painfully hard at times even on easy difficulty.

All in all the game was actually pretty fun. I'd reccommend it if you're a fan of shooters, but don't buy it. It's too short to justify purchasing it unless you're a hardcore Riddick fan.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment